CKH GB Philosophy
Community Kids Haven Greensborough would like to acknowledge the Wurundjeri people. The traditional custodians, on whose ancestral land Community Kids Haven sits.
We believe in providing a high quality of care, to ensure all the children and families have a sense of Being, Belonging and Becoming.
Our educators are passionate role models and caring nurturers and ensure all children’s needs and rights are respected and met. Educators will provide opportunities for multicultural learning and promoting culture and diversity by involving families in special themed days and experiences. We have dedicated educators that include their own cultures and experiences within the service and help to encourage their knowledge with the children.
We will foster children’s development by motivating and inspiring to be the best learners that they can be. We believe in helping children reach their full potential and support them into becoming confident and creative individuals. We also believe in recognising and respecting all children for who they are and focussing on the ‘now’ in their lives.
Learning is everywhere and everything is a potential learning experience. Supporting and extending children’s learning through the educator’s involvement in their play and learning. We also provide secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships from the basis for successful learning.
We aim to provide a diverse program that reflects both group and individual needs. Community Kids Haven believe that each child is unique and as such has indivual needs, wants, and interests, which are responded with care and respect. We ensure that all children are safe and happy at all times and encourage children to make their own choices in their interests and behaviours safely and confidently.
Educators will develop positive relationships with families based on mutual trust and a high level of open communication. Families are encouraged to make decisions together with the centre and educators to ensure the children are learning to the best of their ability. Sharing meaningful information about their child’s progress helps to create a genuine connection as well as a shared sense of achievement. The centre also works closely with the community to provide opportunities for children to learn about the roles people play in the community.
The educators at Community Kids Haven Greensborough work together as part of a team and believe in equal rights for all. We provide an abundance of opportunities for sustainable and a vast use of natural resources throughout the centre and to also demonstrate the importance using these products with the children. We encompass the right in giving children a sense of belonging to be successful learners.
Our centre philosophy has been based with the input and beliefs of all our educator’s and in accordance with the early years framework.
Educators and Management of CKH endeavour to provide:
- a friendly environment that is safe and inviting for children, families and educators;
- a stimulating program that is accessible to all children and whilst being based on individual strengths also provides challenges to promote their development;
- a working environment that encourages educators to be creative and continue their learning process through professional development and mentoring from other educators.
Our vision for CKH children:
- to develop a passion to learn and discover more about their world through play in an environment that is safe, secure, caring while embracing diversity and individuality;
Our vision for CKH families:
- to feel a belonging to the centre and participate in their child’s learning through program input and collaboration between families and educators ;
Our vision for CKH educators:
- to be part of a team that embraces and promotes each individual members strengths and respects and considers each persons opinions, beliefs and values.